When we hear the word aphrodisiac, we normally think of it as something that makes us want to have sex. In fact, aphrodisiacs increase sexual desire by evoking or stimulating sexual excitement.
Experts say that aphrodisiacs should be able to stimulate sexual desire, promote erotization of the imagination, and stimulate sexual performance. Based on these three properties, here’s an amazing list of aphrodisiac fruits, nuts, and spices.
Here are eight fruits that can stir your libido and enhance your sexual function. These fruits are some of the richest sources of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and other important nutrients.
- Apples. Apples are rich in vitamin C and polyphenol antioxidants that can help protect your reproductive system from oxidative stress. Among all the fruits rich in flavonoid antioxidants, apples are among the top five that are considered helpful for preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Avocados. Even just the texture of this fruit is already sensuous. The avocado tree was actually referred to as the testicle tree by the Aztecs, presumably because avocado fruits hang in pairs just like your testicles. Avocados can actually enhance your testosterone production.
- Bananas. Rich in vitamin B and potassium, bananas help promote sex hormone production and improve blood circulation. Bananas also stimulate dopamine activity in your brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that stimulates your sexual responses and regulates how you feel pleasure.
- Figs. This fleshy fruit is a powerful sexual stimulant. Figs are rich in zinc, potassium, calcium, and iron which are all nutrients that are necessary for normal sexual function. You also need zinc for producing sperm and testosterone.
- Mangoes. A rich source of folate, vitamin C, and zinc, mangoes contain powerful antioxidants that help protect your testicular cells and sperm cells.
- Pineapples. Rich in vitamins, pineapples are used in homeopathic therapies for impotence. This tropical fruit contains bromelain, an enzyme that can increase your production of testosterone and enhance your libido.
- Pomegranates. Known since ancient times as a powerful aphrodisiac, pomegranates are rich in vitamin C. There’s also scientific evidence suggesting that pomegranate juice can benefit men with erectile dysfunction.
- Berries. Strawberries and blueberries both have high concentrations of vitamin C, an antioxidant that promotes sperm health.
- Watermelon. Rich in vitamin C, watermelons also contain citrulline, a compound that promotes nitrogen oxide production. In short, watermelons help improve your blood flow, promote blood vessel relaxation, and increase sexual arousal, which is why watermelons are believed to be good for men with erectile issues.
Nuts are rich in nutrients that are important for normal sexual functioning. In fact, a diet rich in nuts can help promote not just your libido but also enhance your fertility.
- Almonds. Rich in zinc, almonds also contain arginine which promotes the production of nitric oxide, a vasodilator that helps promote blood flow to your penis. Almonds also contain omega-3 fatty acids which are important for your sperm health.
- Pine nuts. Extremely rich in zinc, pine nuts are known to increase male potency. Pine nuts also contain magnesium, a mineral that can help improve your sex hormone balance.
- Pistachios. There’s evidence that eating pistachios can help improve erectile function. A study showed that eating 100 grams of pistachios daily can result in firmer erections and increased penile blood flow.
- Walnuts. Also rich in arginine, walnuts help you produce high-quality sperm. That’s because walnuts are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are needed for normal sperm morphology.
Spices not only enrich the flavor of your food, many spices are also excellent libido boosters that can really spice up your sex life.
- Anise seed. Since ancient times, anise seeds have long been considered a natural aphrodisiac. Anise seeds are even placed on wedding cakes because they’re believed to increase sexual vigor.
- Arugula seed. In ancient Egypt, arugula seed oil was used not only for cooking but also for increasing sexual desire.
- Basil. This aromatic herb can help promote blood circulation, stimulate your sex drive, and increase your fertility.
- Black Pepper. Black pepper, also called the king of spices, contains capsaicin which causes your body to release endorphins. Plus, black pepper can also boost your dopamine levels, making you receptive to pleasure and sexual stimulation.
- Chili. Eating chili can make you sweat and increase your heart rate, which is similar to how you feel when you’re feeling sexually excited. In addition, chili can stimulate your endorphins which evoke feelings of pleasure.
- Cinnamon. This is one of the best spices for heating up your sex life. They say that if you rub a drop of cinnamon oil on your penis, you’ll feel intensely sexually stimulated. Cinnamon, just like garlic, chili, and black pepper can heat up your body.
- Coriander. The dried seed of cilantro is referred to as coriander, one of oldest spices on record. It’s even mentioned in Arabian Nights, where a merchant who had erectile dysfunction was cured using a concoction that included coriander.
- Nutmeg. In Perso-Arabic traditional Unani medicine, nutmegs are regarded as powerful natural aphrodisiacs and are highly valued for their use as a treatment for male sexual disorders.
- Garlic. Considered a natural blood thinner, garlic helps lower blood pressure while improving blood circulation. Garlic contains a phytonutrient called allicin which is responsible for heating up the body and increasing blood flow to your organs.
- Saffron. According to stories, Queen Cleopatra of ancient Egypt infused her milk bath with saffron because of the spice’s aphrodisiac effects. In fact, recent studies show that saffron may help increase sexual drive, enhance erectile functions, and improve sperm motility.
- Vanilla. There’s a reason why so many beauty and skin care products are vanilla scented. The aroma of vanilla is simply sexy and erotic. Vanilla promotes relaxation and euphoria.
A Convenient Way To Increase Your Libido
If you’re really in need of a libido-boost, try Malegenix, a male sex enhancement supplement that’s full of powerful herbal aphrodisiacs. Malegenix is formulated with Butea superba, damiana extract, Xanthoparmelia scabrosa, Tribulues terrestris, and maca. All these valuable medicinal herbs are well-known for their potent aphrodisiac effects.
But getting an increased libido isn’t the only benefit you can get from Malegenix. You’ll also get firmer erections, thanks to the potent erection-enhancing properties of Malegenix.